Saltwater Medical is a state-of-the-art, family-owned general practice focused on delivering exceptional care. With deep family ties to Caloundra, we’re proud to be offering locals a more personal and higher quality approach to Medicine. That means generous appointments, specialist GPs that run on-time and an unwavering focus on high quality healthcare.
Our Saltwater Medical values are incredibly important to us, as they form the bedrock upon which our service is built.
First and foremost, our new receptionist will need to share the values of:
Positivity | Kindness | Teamwork | Integrity | Professional Excellence | Sustainability
As a key member of our practice, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of our reception. You must be passionate about offering our valued patients the absolute highest level of care and service – think 5-star hotel concierge and you’ll be in tune with our expectations.
To be considered for the role you will have excellent attention to detail, impeccable organisational skills, and immaculate personal presentation, along with warm and effective interpersonal communication skills. You will also need to be a true team player and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a general practice environment.
What we are looking for:
- A caring, confident, personable receptionist that can shine
- Immaculate personal presentation
- Excellent attention to detail and impeccable organisation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Best Practice, MBS and Medicare processes
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to consistently provide 5-star level of customer service
- Ability to consistently work as part of a team and independently with initiative
- Ability to consistently multi task in an efficient and calm manner
- Answer telephones and use initiative to schedule appropriate appointments
- Process patient payments using a Tyro machine and Best Practice
- Open and close the practice adhering to accreditation procedures
- Work effectively at all times with patients, doctors, other receptionists and the practice manager
- Be practice-proud and ensure the rooms and carpark are tidy at all times
- Data entry, filing, scanning, preparing mail outs etc.
- Other administrative duties as required
What we offer:
- A gorgeous place to work
- A caring, kind, dynamic and friendly team
- Above award pay & superannuation
- Training and career opportunities
- Long term work with the opportunity for growth
This is a casual role with around 10-15 rostered hours per week, with the possibility for more hours as we grow. The successful applicant must be available to work rostered hours Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.30am and 6.30pm and will also need to have the flexibility to cover annual and sick leave.
How to apply
If this role excites you, please provide your resume (max. 2 pages) and a cover letter to HR@saltwatermedical.com.au
In your cover letter please address the following two questions:
- How do you personally fit with the values of Saltwater Medical?
- What do you do differently to shine as a medical receptionist?
Applications close Sunday 21 July 5pm.
To find out more about our practice please visit our website saltwatermedical.com.au
Please Note – Only people with at least 3 years’ previous medical experience will be considered and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All applications are kept strictly confidential.