Patient Code of Conduct
The doctors and staff of Saltwater Medical follow a code of conduct that commits us to behaving in a respectful and professional manner. In return, we expect visitors, patients and accompanying family members to adhere to the Saltwater Medical Patient Code of Conduct outlined below.
Saltwater Medical Patient Code of Conduct
This code outlines the expected standard of conduct for patients. By attending our private practice you agree to uphold this standard and understand that failure to do so may result in discontinuation of treatment.
- They will be courteous and respectful at all times
- They will inform the Doctor if they are receiving treatment from another health professional and will accurately disclose their medical history and current medications
- They will arrive at least 5-minutes prior to their scheduled appointment so as not to make the GP run late or impact negatively on patients booked after them
- They will follow our Infection Control Policy by advising us of infectious symptoms before entering the practice (cough, fever, sore throat, rash, runny nose, diarrhea, or vomiting)
- They will follow directions from staff regarding our COVID-19 Infection Control Policy, including wearing a mask inside the clinic (12+). If patients do not wish to wear a mask (or have an exemption) they can be seen in our outdoor clinic.
- Appointment times are held especially for them – they will provide at least 4 hours’ notice of a cancellation so the appointment can be offered to others (late cancellation fees apply)
- Failure to attend an appointment will attract a non-attendance fee
- Our practice is typically fully booked and is resourced accordingly. When a patient fails to attend, finite practice resources are wasted, placing pressure on our ability to sustain a high-quality service.
- Repeated late cancellations, late attendances, or non-attendances will result in suspension
- The GP may need patients to book further appointments for multiple problems
We ask all patients and visitors to help us to make our Practice a safe place for everyone and require patients and visitors to act with courtesy and respect.
Patients will refrain from:
- Intimidating, aggressive, insulting or disrespectful behaviour
- Abusive language, menacing gestures, shouting, or verbal/physical threats
- Racial or cultural slurs or other derogatory remarks associated with, but not limited to, race, language, gender, sexuality, or age
- Attending under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Damaging or stealing practice property
- Allowing children to climb on furniture or disrupt other patients or staff
- Loud conversations or noise from mobile phones and other devices
- Repeat late cancellations, late attendance, or non-attendance
Our staff, doctors and other visitors have a right to feel safe
We have a zero-tolerance policy. Anyone who breaks this code of conduct will be asked to leave (police may be called) and discharged from the practice.
If you are subjected to any of these behaviours or witness inappropriate behaviour, please report to any staff member.