Repeat Script Request
Supporting our Saltwater Medical family
during these uncertain times
Given the unprecedented situation we find ourselves in with COVID-19, Saltwater Medical will assist patients to reduce the need to come into the practice for a straightforward repeat prescription.
This service is available only for existing Saltwater Medical patients where the original script was provided by one of our GPs, and where the patient has been seen by a GP at Saltwater Medical within the last 6 months. Our doctors have a serious duty of care to ensure they properly monitor your health and prescribe appropriately and safely for your personal circumstances.
Please note, submitting a request does not guarantee that we will be able to write the script, as this decision is at the Doctor’s sole clinical discretion. Requests will take 2-3 business days to process, so please allow enough time and manage your prescriptions accordingly so as not to run out, just in case you need to come in and see a doctor instead.
The fee for this service is $30 and regrettably, unless we see you face-to-face, there are no Medicare rebates currently available.
This fee covers the costs and time involved to process your request. Despite the common perception that ‘it’s just a quick script’, this actually takes us significant time, resources and expertise to ensure your medications are prescribed safely. Not only do our administration team need to process your request, it also takes your doctor time to open your chart, review your medical history, consider your circumstances, write the script and then write the appropriate notes. We then need to arrange payment over the phone via credit card and arrange for it to be safely collected or faxed (then posted) off to your selected pharmacy.
IMORTANT: If you feel as though the underlying condition for which your medication has been prescribed has changed, we urge you to make an appointment to consult with your doctor in person.
Please read the conditions of this service:
- We require 2-3 business days’ notice to process a repeat prescription request.
- If you require the script sooner, please make an appointment.
- The fee for a repeat prescription is $30.00 as there are a number of clinical and administrative steps required for a repeat prescription.
- There is no Medicare rebate available for this service.
- A repeat prescription request does not guarantee that a script will be written for you.
- All requests are considered by your doctor and a decision is then made as to whether this repeat request is appropriate for your health care needs.
- After consideration of your request one of our staff will contact you to advise:-
- if YES – we are able to provide the repeat prescription and if so, you will be required to provide credit card details for payment
- If NO – we are unable to provide the repeat prescription and we will organise an appointment for you.
- Repeat prescriptions for schedule 8 drugs and drugs of addiction will not be provided using this service.
- By communicating electronically with Saltwater Medical, you release the Practice from all claims, losses, expenses and liabilities caused by any of the risks arising directly or indirectly out of communicating with us electronically and by requesting a repeat prescription in this manner.
By submitting this request form you agree to the above terms.