Repeat Script Request
Helping our patients
manage repeat prescriptions
In limited circumstances, for existing patients of the practice, your doctor may be willing to write a repeat prescription without a consultation.
This service is only available for existing Saltwater Medical patients. Generally speaking, your doctor may be happy to write a repeat prescription if they’ve seen you within the last 3-6 months (depending on the condition) and if the medication has been previously prescribed at our practice.
Our doctors have a serious duty of care to ensure they properly monitor your health and prescribe appropriately and safely for your personal circumstances.
Submitting a request does not guarantee that we will be able to write the script, as this decision is at the Doctor’s sole clinical discretion. Requests will take 2-3 business days to process, as they are written in and around the doctor’s consulting sessions.
Please allow enough time and manage your prescriptions so as not to run out at the last minute, as you may need to attend for a consultation, and it is difficult to arrange this at short notice.
For your safety, our doctors will not prescribe S8 drugs or drugs of dependence to new patients or via an online repeat prescription request.
The fee for this service is $30 and there are no Medicare rebate currently available.
This fee covers the costs and time involved to process your request. Despite the common misconception that ‘it’s just a quick script’, it takes time and expertise to ensure your medications are prescribed safely. Our administration team need to process your request and your doctor needs to open review your medical history, consider your circumstances, write the script and then write appropriate clinical notes. We then need to arrange payment over the phone via credit card and arrange for it to be safely collected or faxed (then posted) off to your selected pharmacy.
IMORTANT: If you feel as though the underlying condition for which your medication has been prescribed has changed, we urge you to make an appointment to consult with your doctor in person.
Please read the conditions of this service:
- We require 2-3 business days’ notice to process a repeat prescription request.
- If you require the script sooner, please make an appointment.
- The fee for a repeat prescription is $30 as there are a number of clinical and administrative steps required for a repeat prescription.
- There is no Medicare rebate available for this service.
- A repeat prescription request does not guarantee that a script will be written for you.
- All requests are considered by your doctor and a decision is then made as to whether this repeat request is appropriate for your health care needs.
- After consideration of your request one of our staff will contact you to advise:-
- if YES – we are able to provide the repeat prescription and if so, you will be required to provide credit card details for payment
- If NO – we are unable to provide the repeat prescription and we will organise the next available appointment for you.
- Repeat prescriptions for schedule 8 drugs and drugs of addiction will not be provided using this service.
- By communicating electronically with Saltwater Medical, you release the Practice from all claims, losses, expenses and liabilities caused by any of the risks arising directly or indirectly out of communicating with us electronically and by requesting a repeat prescription in this manner.
By submitting this request form you agree to the above terms.