COVID-19 – Saltwater Medical
COVID-19 is a highly infectious respiratory disease responsible for the deaths of over 6.5 million people worldwide since the virus first emerged in late 2019. As of February 2022, there have been 11.3 million recorded infections in Australia, resulting in the deaths of more than 19,070 Australians*.
At Saltwater Medical our priority is the health and safety of our patients, doctors, and staff, which is why our facility has strict infection control policies and procedures in place.
This policy and procedure applies to ALL patients, doctors and staff, including those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Saltwater Medical has aligned our COVID-19 & Mask Wearing Policy with Queensland Health's advice using the traffic light system. The traffic light level – red, amber, or green – is based on the current level of risk in the community.
- Masks are optional when attending our practice, but highly encouraged
- If any patient (or person attending with a patient) has COVID-like symptoms, (headaches, sore throat, runny nose, fever, diarrhoea, and tiredness) you will be triaged by our reception team you will be attended to in our Car Park Clinic (please do not enter the practice building)
- If you have symptoms, you need to do a Rapid Antigen test prior to attending your appointment (we do not supply RAT testing on site)
- Telehealth appointments will also be available.
- Please wear a mask for 7 days after a positive COVID test or asked by any staff member or doctor
- You should always stay home if you’re sick, maintain good hygiene and keep up to date with your vaccinations
We have many vulnerable patients that attend our practice, so we thank you in advance for wearing a mask and doing your bit to protect our community.
Please let us know if you have symptoms
- Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, headache, runny nose, diarrhoea and tiredness.
Please test if you have symptoms
- If you have symptoms, you need to do a PCR test OR a Rapid Antigen Test
- Saltwater Medical is NOT a COVID-19 testing site, however, there are several dedicated pathology providers available locally
DO NOT BOOK AN IN-PERSON APPOINTMENT at Saltwater Medical if you have symptoms of COVID-19 without a negative RAT or PCR test.
Symptomatic but testing negative to COVID-19?
- If you have COVID-like symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, headache, runny nose, diarrhoea or tiredness) and have had a NEGATIVE COVID-19 test within the last 24 hours you can book an in-person appointment by calling our reception team who will arrange for your doctor to see you in our Car Park Cold and Flu Clinic Setting.
- Please call our staff when you arrive for your appointment in our driveway, and they will come outside and direct you from there.
- Please wear a mask and show evidence of your negative test result to your doctor when they come out to consult with you.
Thank you for your understanding
These protocols are in place to protect vulnerable patients and staff.
We sincerely thank you for your honesty and support of our team as they work hard to support our valued patients.
On Arrival – Saltwater Medical
- Sanitize your hands
- All patients 12+ are required to wear a mask (please BYO or we can supply one for $1)
- Please limit the number of people attending the practice to the patient plus 1 carer/support person (if required)
- If you have any COVID-like symptoms, please contact us on 07 5301 9828 before entering the practice
- Evidence based research shows that COVID-19 vaccines prevent severe disease, hospital admission and death rates.
- Saltwater Medical strongly encourages people be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Saltwater Medical has proudly supported the roll out of the biggest emergency vaccination program in modern history by delivering more than 2,000 doses to our community in our outdoor car park clinic – in the rain, hail, wind and sunshine.
- We have currently paused our vaccination clinics and await further developments and advice from government and ATAGI.